Download A Software-Defined GPS and Galileo Receiver: A by Kai Borre, Dennis M. Akos, Nicolaj Bertelsen, Peter Rinder, PDF
By Kai Borre, Dennis M. Akos, Nicolaj Bertelsen, Peter Rinder, Søren Holdt Jensen
Satellite navigation receivers are used to obtain, technique, and decode space-based navigation signs, resembling these supplied through the GPS constellation of satellites. there's an expanding desire for a unified open platform that might permit greater receiver improvement and layout, in addition to competitively priced trying out tactics for numerous functions. This ebook offer hands-on exploration of recent applied sciences during this speedily transforming into field.
One of the original gains of the paintings is the interactive procedure used, giving readers the facility to build their very own international Navigation satellite tv for pc structures (GNSS) receivers. to build this kind of reconfigurable receiver with quite a lot of functions, the authors speak about receiver structure in response to software-defined radio (SDR) suggestions. The presentation unfolds in a scientific, common variety and is going from the fundamentals to state of the art research.
Additional positive factors and themes include:
* Presentation of simple sign constructions utilized in GPS and Galileo, the ecu satellite tv for pc navigation system
* layout and implementation of a GPS sign generator
* Presentation and research of alternative equipment of sign acquisition—serial seek; parallel-frequency house seek; and parallel-code part search—as good as code/carrier monitoring and navigation information decoding
* an entire GPS software program receiver carried out utilizing MATLAB code in addition to GPS and GIOVE-A sign records—allowing readers to alter quite a few parameters and instantly see their effects
* MATLAB-based exercises
* A hands-on approach to trying out the cloth coated within the publication: supplementary front-end equipment—which should be bought at http://ccar.colorado.edu/gnss—enables readers engaged on a home windows or LINUX method to generate real-world facts by means of changing analog signs to electronic signals
* Supplementary path fabric for teachers to be had at http://gps.aau.dk/softgps
* Bibliography of contemporary effects and complete index
The publication is geared toward utilized mathematicians, electric engineers, geodesists, and graduate scholars. it can be used as a textbook in numerous GPS expertise and sign processing classes, or as a self-study reference for an individual operating with satellite tv for pc navigation receivers.
Read or Download A Software-Defined GPS and Galileo Receiver: A Single-Frequency Approach PDF
Best geology books
Evolution and the Fossil checklist, an eye catching book produced via the yankee Geological Institute in cooperation with the Paleontological Society, goals to aid most people achieve a greater figuring out of 1 of the elemental underlying ideas of recent technological know-how. This publication has many colourful photographs, drawings, and illustrations which counterpoint the authors' conversational sort as they speak about geologic time; swap via time; Darwin's thought of evolution; evolution as a mechanism for switch; the character of species; the character of conception; paleontology, geology, and evolution; and opting for the age of fossils and rocks.
Minerals in sedimentary rocks emit attribute noticeable luminescence referred to as cathodoluminescence (CL) whilst bombarded by way of excessive strength electrons. CL emissions should be displayed as color pictures in a cathodoluminescence microscope or as high-resolution monochromatic photos in a scanning electron microscope.
"Babylon 5"'s Captain Sheridan, Bruce Boxleitner, has crafted his personal technological know-how fiction legend during this impressive new sequence. The enigmatic gunman referred to as Macklin maintains his quest around the 19th-century American West to meet his goal in the world: fighting the invasion of a sinister predatory race of extraterrestrial beings.
- The State of the Earth: Environmental Challenges on the Road To 2100 (2006)(en)(308s)
- Igneous and Metamorphic Petrology
- Deformation Mechanisms, Rheology and Tectonics: From Minerals to the Lithosphere (Geological Society Special Publication No. 243)
- Basin Analysis: Principles and Application to Petroleum Play Assessment
Additional resources for A Software-Defined GPS and Galileo Receiver: A Single-Frequency Approach
5 minutes. Courtesy: Frank van Diggelen. navigation data. 9 shows the overall structure of an entire navigation message. The basic format of the navigation data is a 1500-bit-long frame containing 5 subframes, each having length 300 bits. One subframe contains 10 words, each word having length 30 bits. Subframes 1, 2, and 3 are repeated in each frame. The last subframes, 4 and 5, have 25 versions (with the same structure, but different data) referred to as page 1 to 25. 5 minutes. 1 Telemetry and Handover Words The subframes of 10 words always begin with two special words, the telemetry (TLM) and handover word (HOW) pair.
However, information on channel A is not available. 1, we will describe the Galileo signal L1 OS. The signal component for channel B results from the modulo-2 addition of the navigation data stream d L1−B , the PRN code sequence c L1−B , and the B subcarrier sc L1−B . The ﬁnal component is called e B . Likewise, the C channel results from the modulo-2 addition of the C channel PRN code sequence c L1−B with the C channel subcarrier sc L1−C . The component is eC . 3) +∞ eC (t) = c L1−C,(i mod 4 092) rectTc,L1−C (t − i Tc,L1−C ) i=−∞ × sign sin(2π Rc,L1−C t) .
20), we obtain the response ∞ y(n) = k=−∞ e j ωk h(n − k) = ∞ h(k)e− j ωk e j ωn . 21) k=−∞ The expression in parentheses is the discrete-time Fourier transform of the impulse response h(n), which we denote H (ω). 11. Parameters of a ﬁlter. The convolution in the time domain corresponds to the multiplication of Fourier transforms in the frequency domain. Thus, for the system under consideration the Fourier transforms of the input and output signals are related to each other by Y ( f ) = H ( f )X ( f ).